April 25, 2012

Decisiveness ftw

Storytime: So I was browsing Vimeo and starting to get into Cinema 4D and AfterEffects for this title sequence project, and it's come to this: working on two videos is insane. Even STARTING on two videos is insane. Especially when we only have five days to finish this. So I've decided to go for Hackers instead of Secret Window for a couple reasons:
I seem to be way more interested in finding tutorials and inspiration for Hackers. The idea I had for Secret Window was basically the motion version of everything else in my portfolio--vectored, flat illustrations, clean lines, etc. Boring. What I'm thinking for Hackers would add more variety to my portfolio, and if I pull it off, would look cool as shit. So, despite my inhibitions about not really knowing Cinema 4D or how to do a lot of my ideas, I'm embracing stepping outside of my metaphorical creative box. Hopefully this is gonna turn out sweet.

Anyway, here's some of what I've been doing:




So I'm gonna go full throttle on this and if by Friday I don't think I can pull it off, I might rethink this decision, but as of right now I'm pretty stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment