August 25, 2011

Blog Assignment: Past Work

So these are out of order from when I designed them...but you can propbably figure it out.

Galerie ads: I think this piece showed that I have a fair hand at photography. Also, the ads represent everything coming together: the logo, typography, imagery, some comp work, brand identity, etc. I think I accomplished this well. Something I might do differently next time would be to plan out the photo shoot more--I got some really good shots, but I would have liked to have a better idea of what I was looking for going in rather than figuring out what I was doing afterward.


Walden book cover: This shows some different approaches to typography as well as illustration. I would like to work on the title letters more, though, and make the back cover less of an afterthought.


My personal logo. This is one of my favorites. I like how (not anymore, to me) to most people, the bird in the d counter is a little surprise. There's not much I would change about this...I think it's pretty great.

Galerie logo: This was a journey. I think it ended up clean and elegant, though. The 'boutique' was definitely a good plan. I'm not sure that I would change anything about this one either...


Expressive quote: I'm not sure that this was one of the things that got me into the program, but I definitely like it. In retrospect, I hope it doesn't seem like I just discovered Photoshop and started going crazy with filters and brushes...

No comments:

Post a Comment