September 22, 2011

Legit ink

Here's all but the N. I think I'm going to add in some splatters on other letters maybe?
I also think I'm going to amend my other all-Illustrator-pen-tool alphabet, just in case. I like how it's very uniform and cohesive (although that might have been its downfall...), and I think it'd be good to have that anyway. Plus, for my event poster, I was thinking about doing an underwater scene, and I'm not sure how well the photographs/scans of real ink would integrate into that. They definitely add another level, though, and I like the way this is going. I'm jsut super indecisive.
I also have one that has no ink whatsoever (except I haven't figured out R, W, and Z--but who really uses those letters anyway? Oh, wait...), but that one I'm just keeping because I already have it. I like the ink too much to really let it go.
ANYWAY, here it is:

Also, I figured out why I put ink on specific letters.  If the letter has a bunch of intersections, it gets some ink splatters.  That's pretty much the rule.  Really, a squid only has one intersection--the middle. You can sometimes get away with two by bringing some tentacles back toward the body, but if it gets more complicated than that, it starts to look ridiculous. I made a lowercase 'm' today without any ink at all, and it looked retarded. You would never see that in real life (which I guess is a stretch for any of these letters, but whatever). I think the most complicated letter without any ink is 'B'--all the others are basically just one line.

So, sorry for the novel tonight. I don't know whats going on. It must be all the goldfish and tortillas and the way the list of things I need to finish tonight won't shorten no matter how long I stare at my screen and look for new posts on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment