November 13, 2011

the tissue paper process

OK, so I have a bunch of different things going on tonight. The bags I bought online came in yesterday, and they look okay, but I don't think I'm going to use them. Anyway, here's all the layers of this weekend's indecision:

Stage 1: I decide to use tissue paper and a pseudo-label in black and white. I can't figure out how to make to top of the bottle not look ridiculous.


...So I decide to just leave it unwrapped.


But what about the overlapping sticking-out label part? Would that look better not quite touching?


Answer: no.


Found some twine under my desk. Jackpot for the hang tags? I had been using some black satin ribbon, but does this look better? I can't decide.



Again with the ribbon. Bows for everyone! Actually, nope. This looks like an anniversary present or something. Ixnay on the bows.


You can't really tell in this picture, half because of the terrible lighting and half because I used a crappily done sheet, but this is now wrapped in patterned tissue paper. I think it looks pretty sweet. No bow this time, I hot glued the ribbon to itself so its just a band around the neck. There definitely has to be something there if I use tissue paper, though, otherwise it won't stay wrapped right.


I also have burgundy tissue paper...which I made an entirely differently shaped label for. I wish I had some white satin ribbon for the top though. Maybe if the drop was black, I could use black? Ahhhhh decisions, decisions...


This weekend I bought some boxes at (you guessed it) Container Store. They fit my bottles perfectly, so of course I didn't get any extras. Anyway, I got the idea that I should spray paint them. I'm not sure if they look cool and on purpose, or just messy. I'm also not sure they go with the aesthetic I'm presenting with my bottle and the tissue paper...I might have to just paint them all black and put the last of my 'angeline' transfers on them. Or scrap them altogether.

Ok update: I screwed up the boxes. Apparently if you spray paint something with paper stencils, and then just leave it for a little bit, the paint dries and makes the stencils you left there stick to the box. And by "you," I mean "me". So tomorrow I'm going to go to the Container Store once again, and get this all figured out. I have a pretty good feeling about it though, I'm thinking about changing it a little for the better. Though at this point, that's not too difficult. Anyway, here's what I have:






I'll put more pictures up as the night goes on. Tomorrow, though, I'm gonna be taking some serious polls... tissue paper? red, black or patterned? label? white or black? ribbon? black or red? hang tag? ribbon or twine? boxes? MY LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment