February 7, 2012

crows

CROWS. Okay, here's my draft of the crow's-feet-writing poster. I don't think it's legible enough yet...I'll have to go in and edit out some extra stuff I guess? I'm thinking about doing a limited color palette (...of just black and white), so that's why this is pretty low-key. I'm hoping that'll make it more bold and graphic, and emphasize the crow aspect. We'll see if it's successful...


These comps keep looking like book covers since I keep not putting other information on there...I have to fix that. I'm also not sold on the "Josh Klein" font... maybe Impact or Helvetica.

Okay, so here's my plan:

Poster: these will be put up first, around the city and colleges, maybe in places where crows congregate, like parks and streetlamp poles, etc? The poster advertises the fictional event of Klein coming to the Civic Center or something to speak about crows and their potential.

Mailer: these go out next, to the general public, especially around the Civic Center and places where the posters were put up. I'm thinking about just doing a folded 8x12 sheet of glossy card stock, with the event information on the front (probably similar to the poster), the postal information on the back, and a brief info-graphic on crows in general and their intelligence compared to other animals, and maybe some stuff about their population.

Brochure: This is a little booklet of information given out at the event with more information about Klein (he has some interviews on his Wordpress) and his other projects, crows and their potential, maybe a summary of the points Klein goes over, etc. I'm thinking it'll be 8 pages (2 folded sheets, front and back), and it'll come in a nice little sleeve. I'm going to try to add some interesting things to it, like a place to put a business card or a postcard, and maybe one of the inside pages will fold out to accommodate a more involved info-graphic or illustration. I think it'll also be about 6x8 inches, and saddle stitched, unless I turn out to have a bunch more information and need to add more pages, and then I'll try to perfect bind it. Here's where I am on that so far (..not much):


I'm thinking about taking pictures of stereotypical urban areas and then pen-tooling some crows in--I think the booklet would get a little boring with 8 pages of black and white, so maybe some photography will break that up.

As far as the product brochure goes, I think I'm going to do Grooveshark, and I'm thinking about pairing illustration and typography to convey a mood as related to musical genres or albums. Probably along the lines of a more intense version of this:


No comments:

Post a Comment