February 7, 2012

my life: crows and grooveshark

update on the crows brochure:

I've still only really played with the first couple spreads. I have a plan for the rest though (about Josh Klein, about crows in general via inforgraphic, about the vending machine via IKEA-esque diagrams, and a comment card/postcard slot on the back page), so I'm not completely lost like I was a couple days ago. The poster looks more or less the same right now...I'm playing with the idea of adding in a color. The mailer is still MIA, but once I start on the inforgraphic (hopefully tonight, since it's only 10) that should pull itself together.

Grooveshark:

The more I think about what I could do with this, the more I fall in love with it. I'm thinking about doing a different genre/mood/situation for each spread, which opens up so many possibilities it's ridiculous. My friend Bess also has an impressive vinyl collection, so I can add pictures of that as well. This is also kindof personal/individualistic--who am I to say what music you're supposed to listen to when you're angry or sad? Whatever, I guess I'll throw my opinion in there anyway. I have a whole folder of pictures I'm thinking about adding illustration to (see below), but most of them seem kindof relaxed to me. I need to go take some angry pictures. Maybe I can use color theory instead of subject matter...

My folder of already taken pictures:


A makeshift mood board of the kind of stuff I'm thinking about and being inspired by:












No comments:

Post a Comment