March 18, 2012

skate it or hang it update: new stuff!

Not done laying out the info on this one yet, but new color palette! Less feminine, more grunge/urban... yes/no? I have a couple more new ideas for press kits that I'm gonna explore tonight, so stay tuned :)





Random:  A sweet link on Typography and Type Hierarchies.

Some variations of that really chaotic logo:


So I had this idea about a sort of arcade/ 8-bit/ blown up pixel art thing about a week ago, and I'm finally getting around to trying it out. Something along these lines? Or maybe a more Mario approach with a pixel skater going through a pixel skate park with ramps n stuff along the bottom or the edges of the pages of the press kit? Is this going too far away from the grunge/skater/skateboarding/board art thing? Should I even keep investigating? ...Stan, I'm talking to you. Even though I'll probably see you in class tomorrow before you'll see this post. Whatever. Here it is:





Okay the colors on that top right one are retarded, I know. I just threw something in there other than greyscale. I think I like it though. I think this could turn into a pretty sweet poster or press kit or whatever. The main thing I'm concerned about is concept: does this have anything to do with anything, or am I just playing around with boxes too much? Although, that does correspond with the boxes in the MODA logo...

No comments:

Post a Comment